Healing Asthma: Is It Possible To Defeat This Chronic Disease?Jan 19, 2023
Asthma is a chronic respiratory condition that affects 300 million people worldwide. It is characterized by inflammation and narrowing of the airways, making it difficult to breathe. While conventional medical treatment can help manage symptoms, many individuals with asthma are turning to alternative therapies to heal their asthma from its roots. Three time-tested alternative therapies for asthma include Yoga, Ayurveda, and Nutritional Therapy.
Therapy 1: Yoga
Yoga is an ancient practice that combines physical postures, breathing techniques, and meditation to improve overall health and well-being. Research has shown that regular yoga practice can help improve lung function, reduce inflammation, and decrease the frequency of asthma attacks. Yoga can also help individuals with asthma to develop better breathing techniques, which can help reduce the severity of symptoms during an asthma attack.
There are several yoga techniques that may be beneficial for people with asthma. Some of these include:
- Deep breathing exercises: Yoga teaches controlled and mindful breathing, which can help open up the airways and improve lung function. Pranayama, a part of yoga that focuses on breathing, is especially beneficial for asthmatics.
- Relaxation techniques: Yoga can help reduce stress and tension, which can trigger asthma symptoms. Yoga practices such as meditation and yoga nidra can help relax the mind and body, which can help reduce asthma symptoms.
- Gentle yoga poses: Certain yoga poses, such as forward bends and twists, can help stretch and open up the chest and lungs. This can help improve lung function and reduce asthma symptoms.
- Nasal irrigation: Nasal irrigation, also called nasal lavage or neti, is a technique used to clear nasal passages. It involves using a saline solution to flush out mucus and other irritants from the nose.
Therapy 2: Ayurveda
Ayurveda is an ancient Indian system of medicine that uses natural herbs and other natural remedies to improve health and well-being. Ayurveda focuses on restoring balance in the body, mind, and spirit. Herbs such as licorice, ginger, and turmeric have been found to be effective in reducing inflammation and narrowing of the airways. Ayurveda also focuses on improving overall health, which can help individuals with asthma to manage their health better.
Ayurveda also suggests several natural remedies for healing asthma. Some of these remedies include:
- Herbal remedies: Ayurveda uses a variety of herbs to treat asthma, including licorice root, ginger, turmeric, and tulsi. These herbs can help reduce inflammation and open up the airways, which can reduce asthma symptoms.
- Steam therapy: Inhaling steam infused with herbs like eucalyptus, peppermint, and ginger can help to clear the nasal passages, relieve congestion, and soothe inflamed airways.
- Diet and lifestyle changes: Ayurveda suggests that certain foods, such as dairy products and processed foods, can aggravate asthma symptoms. It also advises to avoid cold drinks, and to have warm drinks, and to maintain a healthy diet and lifestyle.
- Panchakarma: Ayurveda also recommends some specific detoxification treatment called Panchakarma which can help in removing toxins from the body and also improves respiratory function.
Therapy 3: Nutritional Therapy
Nutritional therapy is another alternative therapy that can be used to heal asthma gradually. A diet high in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains and low in processed foods can help reduce inflammation and improve overall health. Additionally, specific vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, vitamin D, and magnesium have been found to be helpful in healing asthma.
The following are some nutritional therapies that may help to alleviate asthma from its core:
- Omega-3 fatty acids: Omega-3 fatty acids have anti-inflammatory properties and have been shown to reduce asthma symptoms. Foods rich in omega-3s include fatty fish, flaxseeds, and chia seeds.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is an antioxidant that can help reduce inflammation in the airways. Vitamin C-rich foods include oranges, kiwi, strawberries, and bell peppers.
- Magnesium: Magnesium is a mineral that helps to relax the smooth muscles in the airways. It is found in foods such as spinach, almonds, and black beans.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D deficiency is linked with asthma, and increasing vitamin D levels with supplements or sunlight exposure may help reduce asthma symptoms.
- Probiotics: Probiotics are beneficial bacteria that live in the gut. They can help to reduce inflammation in the body, which may help to reduce asthma symptoms.
- Elimination Diet: An elimination diet may help to identify food allergens that trigger asthma symptoms.
Healing Asthma Course: What Is It?
With the help of RedAsh TV’s Heal Asthma using Yoga, Ayurveda & Nutritional Therapy course, individuals with asthma can learn about these alternative therapies and how to incorporate them into their daily lives.
The course covers a wide range of topics, including lifestyle changes, herbal and nutritional supplements, stress management, and breathing techniques. It also provides an in-depth understanding of asthma and its effects on the body, as well as effective strategies for reducing medication intake and improving overall quality of life.
The course is designed to empower individuals with asthma to take control of their health and lead a healthier life. By incorporating lifestyle changes like dietary modifications, herbal and nutritional supplementation, stress management, and breathing techniques, the course aims to help individuals manage their asthma symptoms and reduce inflammation in the airways. Additionally, the course covers the use of Ayurvedic principles to help individuals understand how to use herbs, and other natural remedies to support respiratory health.
Participants will have access to a wealth of information and resources, including videos, presentations, and interactive activities, as well as the support of an experienced facilitator and a community of peers. By taking this course, individuals with asthma will gain a comprehensive understanding of the condition, learn effective strategies for managing asthma, and discover how to take charge of their health and lead an asthma-free life.
It is important to note that alternative therapies should not be used as a replacement for conventional medical treatment but as a complementary therapy. Individuals with asthma should work closely with their healthcare provider to develop a treatment plan that includes both traditional and alternative therapies.
Summing up the above, alternative therapies such as Yoga, Ayurveda, and Nutritional Therapy can effectively heal asthma holistically. These therapies can be used with conventional medical treatment. You can go for RedAsh TV’s free Mini Course on Healing Asthma Holistically to know more and start your holistic journey of healing asthma from its source rather than just working on the symptoms.